Saturday, March 7, 2015

The First - 7 March 2015

This morning, around 2:00, I woke with it on my heart to write a blog.  A BLOG?  I had never written a blog.  This is uncharted territory for me.  But I know that I can do all things through Christ Jesus, so I am taking the proverbial deep breath and diving in.

I encountered an issue yesterday that saddened me.  It didn't take my joy, but it gave me pause.  I prayed about it, spoke with Pastor Arland about it.  I have peace about the situation, but I don't believe that the person who caused the issue has peace.  Sadly, the whole thing was due to misinterpretation of scripture. 

Sometimes we just need to talk about things.  We get comfortable with our personal biases and those of our particular social group, and sometimes those filters cause us to miss wonderful things that God has for us......things that we could enjoy if we are just willing to expand our horizons and get out of our comfort zones.  When we talk about things, when we share with one another we enhance each other's lives.  We glean from the experiences of others and they from ours.  Together, we can benefit from that wealth of experience and knowledge.  And as we lovingly share with each other, we gain understanding and ultimately trust. 

Consider your life with more understanding and trust.  Consider the body of Christ with more understanding and trust.  Just consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment